Saturday, June 15, 2013

Too much fun!


Pam Garrison, Mary Ann Moss, and Syd McCutcheon and I got together this week to play, paint and shop. Here is Pam in one of her quieter moments. (Ha!) Thank you Pam for getting us all together and keeping us laughing for two whole days!


Syd's painting always inspires...


some of the handmade paper we played with....


I got in a little water color doodling...
Such a treat to meet Mary Ann! I've been a fan of her blog for a long time and she now has a new online class called "SEWN"...that looks like a good summer play date! Her blog is "Dispatch from L.A."..go subscribe if you haven't already.


Started a new hooked rabbit last night...


and used some of my Japanese paper for some little journals I plan to sell...


more kitties with sweaters...


a hooked heart that went to lovely Constanza (Peregrine Blue)....


a couple of new foxes...


and 3 owls made from fabric- stuffed and painted...ready for the 4th of July show...

And we are off tomorrow on a little vacation to one of our favorite places...Calistoga. Justin has finished his first year at UCSB and a little much needed time off for Dennis for Father's Day. Time for a soak in the hot springs, a hike to the Bale Mill and some tasty dining in Napa Valley.
Hope you all have a creative week ahead!

6 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Mary. Looks like you had lots of fun with paper, paint and friends - the perfect way to spend the day! Thanks for the blog info too. Something new to consider! Have a super trip! Can't wait to see you! xoxo

Yael said...

Happy vacation Mary!
Love ALL your stuff and creatures, but the painted owls on wire legs make me crazy - they are soooo awesome!

And painting with friends? I will seriously consider that, wow what an idea! Yes I will invite some friends to have a painting party! You want to come? You are dearly welcome!
Thank you Mary - you always inspire me!

Off to town, to buy some acrylic hues I am missing! :-)

Enjoy your Sunday and as I said your vacation!

Sharile said...

Calistoga is one of my most favorite places on earth! The minieral pool at Indian Springs is pure heaven. You have to either be hotel guest or have booked something at their spa, which is also amazing. The mud baths are sooooo relaxing. If you have time, go to the Sharpsteen Museum. It's truly a little gem. Great California history including items related to the Donner Party, interesting diorama of the 1800s Indian Springs resort, and some quirky changing exhibits. Vintage ladies evening purses was one I enjoyed. You never know what will be featured.

Marie said...

Hi Mary :)
Love all your fun new creations and what fun to be with such creative ladies! Just wanted to say "Hi" Happy Summer! xo <3

Betty Peavy @Online Doctorate Psychology said...

Wow, you did all that all by yourself? How amazing! You are a certified talented and skillful artist! Kudos to you! I wish I also have a talent and skill like you have. Poor me. Anyway, keep up the good work! Hope to see more of your stunning projects! God bless!

My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs

Dori Patrick said...

You are a busy bee! Love seeing all of your creations!