Thursday, August 19, 2010

journaling....

I actually got a little work done in my visual journal this week and hope to do some more on our weekend trip to take Jason up to Berkeley for college. Plans to visit with my aunt, uncle and cousin in San Mateo and check out some shops on Fourth St. in Berkeley..and that great ice cream shop on College! A busy day today getting last minute things for Jason to take with him and Justin got in some hours at Art From Scrap working in the retail store. I found the fabric above....can you guess what I am going to make with it?

 
Wonderful day at the beach with the girls! Syd worked on her Visual Journal exchange with Tara and Colleen stitched yoyo's for fiber jewelry and kites flew behind us. I had to take a dip in the ocean to cool off. We have been doing a Summer Girl's Movie night on Wednesdays and saw "Eat, Pray, Love" last night and all enjoyed it.
Well, off to pack for the weekend...see you next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...wish I was back on the beach journaling right now...Have a great trip. It is an exciting time in your life. Syd

Marie said...

Love the little journal paintings/drawings and the beach pictures are fabulous...so much fun especially with artist friends :)
You are such a sweet mom making pie for the boys. Love all your new rug hooking...so you,so adorable! <3

Kristin L said...

Maybe it's just me, but that's a very mushroomy fabric!

Faith said...

I love your blog, everything that you do, the rug hooking and sketchbooks and ideas, just perfect. I love the photos, cant wait to visit again when you write some more.