Saturday, April 17, 2010

Busy week

It's been a busy week here. I've tried several times to upload photos and do some blogging but something is not working!
Fun party last Saturday with good food, friends, live music and dancing.

Then down to Los Angeles for my husband's mother's funeral and memorial service on Monday. It was a lovely gathering for a life well lived. My favorite part was that she was buried with a box of See's candy and her diamond tennis bracelet...so much for taking it with you! She did!

Wednesday I met with the Artist Trading Card group at the Good Cup Cafe. We have a show of our ATC's in the Main library showcase coming up, so everyone turned in 9 cards for the show. It will be interesting to see how they are all displayed in the one long case.

I also received some wonderful trades in the mail from Australia. Both Jacky and Dot sent me the coolest fiber art birds. Jacky sent me one of her fabric owls plus a wonderful watercolor, some fabric and a fun card. Dot made an amazing beaded and stitched bird on retro orange fabric. She included a pile of great fabric, a cat notepad (we both love cats) and a sweet card. They should get their trades sometime soon.

I am in the process of writing two articles for magazines and have two art shows coming up that I need to make something for.
House is still torn up and the workers are off on another job for a week or so...just trying to keep centered and keep things going as best as I can.

Tomorrow Colleen, Syd and I are off on an adventure to South Pasadena to visit Zinnia, see an art show in Chinatown and have lunch at a 94 year old friends art filled home. Looking forward to a fun day. Will post photos when Blogger allows me too!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi,
I just wanted to compliment you on your header it is so pretty! I really enjoy reading your posts and hope you get your blog problems resolved soon.
I'll be sure to visit again,
Diane
tidbitstidingsanddailydoodles.blogspot.com