Sunday, September 20, 2009

Little hearts


One dozen little hooked hearts that will turn into pins soon.
For this project I used some white burlap that I found in my art room. I drew 12 little hearts with a Sharpie and then started hooking. The burlap is quite stiff and unpleasant to work with but I decided to finish up anyway. Lesson learned, back to the good stuff-either the nice linen burlap from Scotland or my regular burlap for non-rug projects.
I got in my nice low tide beach walk yesterday and even went in the ocean for a quick dip. The water is warm for Santa Barbara right now-65 degrees-so I try and go in whenever I have the chance.

Oh and by the way, I will be teaching a Beginning Rug Hooking Workshop at the Art Clinic in Solvang, CA this coming Friday, Sept. 25-10 to 3pm.
A kit will be provided along with wool and background music.

Art Clinic is located at 1576 Copenhagen Dr.-between Atterdag and Fourth Place.
Solvang, CA
email me if you would like to join us!
zumiow@earthlink.net

1 comment:

Marie said...

If I were close by I would be first in line! Your hooked rugs,pins are so-o-o cute!