Friday, August 28, 2009

Flowerbox and Mr. Pumpkin...

I keep working away on the Flowerbox rug. I have one more house to hook and lots of dark background. I will need to keep this rug...it has taken many hours just to get this far! And I think it will look great on our white walls somewhere.

And last night I got started on one of the pumpkins.

This morning I managed to make two fresh corn, green chili, cheese and onion quiches for a pot luck tonight, a get together with friends from So. Pasadena and here in Santa Barbara. This has been a very social summer so far! (and I love it!)
And yesterday I got in a beach day by myself...even caught a few waves. We have record breaking heat here right now, so the beach is the best place to be!

4 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I love all the colors in your rug.

I know,,,,so much time. I'm going to keep mine too. Maybe hang mine on a wall.

You are always so inspirational!

Tara

Lisa said...

This is sooooo lovely and having only hooked my little heart I can only imagine the time.

Tammy Burks said...

I am SO loving your flower and house rug....love the sweet colors against the dark background

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

This rug is amazing and so fun to watch unfold in design and color. Love the deeper tones you have used for the background. Congrats on nearing the finish line!