Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Summer Solstice Everyone!

These dollies are coming with me to Artfiberfest and are looking for new homes.
This basket of creatures will be coming too....
Two brand new mushrooms made last night....
And I made it to the Festive Summer Solstice Celebration in downtown Santa Barbara on Saturday. About 50,ooo people or more lined the streets. We have an annual parade...all of the floats are made by hand, no motorized vehicles allowed. It's a great community celebration of creativity and a fun day for everyone. Dancing, art, food, crafts followed in the nearby park. I somehow left my camera in my car and had to take these from the Sunday paper....

The fabric animals...now painted....
The two kitties asleep on a rocking chair.
And my ole pal, Tiger totally relaxed on an antique quilt.

I leave tomorrow for Portland, Oregon....so this might be my last post for a bit....Thanks to Marie, Sheri, Jude, Chris, Tara and all you others who stop in for a peek...I appreciate your comments and visits!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Solstice to you too............

Crafty Green Poet said...

Happy solstice,,,,lovely cat photos,,,,lovely hand made animals,,,,hope your trip goes well

marie said...

I so miss Santa Barbara...those baskets are full of pure happiness...makes me smile! Happy Summer Solstice to you hope it sunny and beautiful : )

marie said...

p.s. have a wonderful trip and thank you! You always bring a smile to my face! peace to you.

Lisa said...

O, Have a wonderful time! Everything looks so beautiful...wish I could be there....Enjoy...:)

jude said...

sunshine to you!

dulcy said...

That basket of dollies is just so cute! Have a great trip!

Pat said...

The Summer Solstice Celebration looks a lot like Cleveland's Parade the Circle that I recently blogged about. It's nice to know that we have something in common with Santa Barbara!

Deb G said...

What wonderful things you've created!

There is a solstice parade in Seattle too, that has the same rules. I haven't been in several years but it's lots of fun.