Friday, December 19, 2008

Art Girls-Birthdays, books, and ornaments....

At the Art Clinic, Syd helped us create a fabric and bonded paper book with painted and stamped pages. Every book was so different and colorful. We stitched the pages into the book with a sewing machine. Still needs more work, but here we are so far.
Inside of book....
I've been listening to Yo-yo Ma as I drive around doing errands and picking up Justin from school. Lots of different artists and types of music...I think it would be good background music for a Holiday party.
And I LOVE this ATC from Penny!!! Must be the gnomes and mushrooms! and glitter! I missed the meeting and Penny saved it for me! Thanks, Penny!
At our Tuesday artgirls gathering we each brought ornaments to share. Here are some of mine ready to go on the tree.
Here are the girls working on their pages and books in the Art Clinic. We had wonderful salads made by Colleen and the best caramel crunch brownies made by Patti...(I need that recipe!)
Birthdays celebrated included Colleen, Maren, and Patti who said "no presents!" but got some anyway. The day flew by....we had so much fun painting and visiting and nibbling on holiday treats.

3 comments:

Genie said...

Happy Christmas Mary
love the book and ornaments

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

All the holiday fun on your blog is catching Mary. Makes me want to sit down and make something right now. The ornaments, book and pics from the past post , so festive and fun. And that album, I have heard bits of it and can't wait to bring it home. Love his work.
Happy day dear one.

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I bought the Yo-Yo Ma album because it has various versions of Dona Nobis Pachem on it. It's a great album. I also got Melissa Etheridge's Xmas album. James Taylor's is my fav standby for the holidays.

Congrats on being published in Stuffed. When I heard about that mag, I instantly thought of you-perfect venue for your work! ((hugs))