Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Silk scarf...and enchiladas...

I got a call reminding me that I had volunteered to make a silk scarf to be auctioned off for a charity event. I thought that I had until the weekend and was thinking about what fabrics to use. They needed it today! So yesterday I jumped into action and found these silk kimono scraps and put them together into a scarf. The back is black silk...all made from recycled silk from Art from Scrap!
And below is the Enchilada dish I made for a potluck tonight that will offer moral support for some dear friends that lost everything in the fire last week. The sweetest, kindest, most generous folks you could ever meet...they hosted meditations at their home, did Waldorf schooling for their kids, built their own home and always had a kind and positive word for all. My heart goes out to all those in our community who lost their homes in this devastating fire.
The red hearts are cut out of red bell peppers...adding some additional love to the dish.

3 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Mary, you are such a special, giving person. Adding the hearts to the casserole - how sweet is that. It is horrible, thinking about the loss your friends (and others) are suffering through now. Too many tragedies in the world.

Tara's Art Camp said...

oh so sad...... I am so sorry....

the hearts,,,,,, how special and giving you are.....


xo.....

Runner Gurl said...

It is a BEAUTIFUL casserole. Even your cooking is a work of art, dear Mary.
xoxo

How about posting along the recipe.... I am feeling hungry just LOOKING at that dish!!!
g.