Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rug hooking at Penny's Playhouse

I brought my two girls for Show 'n Tell...still need to finish them up as real dolls.
Katie finished her Lion rug for her son. It came out beautifully.
Katie also made this great Sunflower pillow for her African harp teacher's mother...she worked on the backing during our meeting...below..

Anne S. worked on her rug for her sister...so fun!
And Pepa's darling grandaughter Zellie is featured on her Flora piece.....
One of Penny's great rugs....a fun basket weave design....
More of Penny's wonderful art collection...wall sculpture by Marge Dunlap..
and some of her fun collections....
tiny portion of her "hand collection"....
a few of the girls at our monthly meeting....
We had a fun but small gathering for our Monday night rug hookers meeting. A great Show 'n tell with refreshments..I made some Madeline's at my son's request (he gets half of the recipe) followed by lots of great conversation, wool sharing, book exchanges, and planning for our next hook-in. Always fun to visit Penny's and check out her latest art work, collections and fabric purchases!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Mary - I collect hands too, and enjoyed seeing a small bit of Penny's collection. Any way I can see more of them? I never even LOOK for little ones like you showed - love it!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics of your rug hooking group. I love your weee hooked girls and your friend's Sunflowers. Gorgeous. Lucky you to have ladies to craft with. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs Judy