Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Next phase...

Got a little more hooking done last night...only stayed up until midnight. Now to do some serious background work and border, too. For some odd reason I like to do my rug hooking at night. I do other crafts during the day when I get the chance to stay home. I'm back working on Saturdays at our Plumbing store in Ventura for the time being. The fun part is checking out blogs when it isn't busy and visiting the Ventura thrift stores after work...different stuff..and they have a bunch of stores on Main St.-old town- where I can find wooly wonders for hooking and softies.
And speaking of softies...I got this book in Portland and think I will try out some of the patterns.

The striped sweater in the background just might turn into a "Stripe Dog". Will post if it turns out OK.
Love this bag of fiber goodness from Edge to Edge...wool felt on top and wool recycled blanket for hooking on the bottom. Such nice ladies run the store too..and they remembered us from Artfiberfest!
Fiber finds from "The Websters" in Ashland, Or. one of our" Must-Stops" on the way to Artfest.I have plans to use some of these in my Fiber Jewelry class at ARtfiberfest.....at least that is what I told myself when I had to have them.....

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Hi Mary,
When you speak of a wooden frame for hooking supplies, do you mean an embroider hoop? If not could you use one?

Love the next phase, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary...your designs are always so enchanting,clever, fun and beautifully done! Love the soft colors of spring on your latest project!! I'm always inspired...I did make some lovely Omiyage candy twist bags for holiday gifts using silks and various fabrics!! I was the one who originally thought about using men's ties! Dee-dee in San Diego!

Kel said...

It's taking me such a long time catching up with blogs since coming home from Artfest (we stayed in Seattle for an extra week & headed down to Portland for the Saturday market). Your blog had so much gorgeousness waiting for me. I love what you're doing with the Aronzo book, I nearly bought it, but I ended up with Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful.