Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Handmade ornaments and fiber fun...

Quilt scrap houses....made last night...
Marny Cardin made this incredible french knot snowman pin! She sells kits and also is a rug hooker. She has a website...
Love the little carved gnome that Syd gave me last year and the larger hand carved Santa was a trade with another craftswoman from a show I did long ago....
Cindy Knight's glittery ornaments....always a delight.
more ornaments from locals...
Made these last night from Quilt scraps....
Finally got this hooked doll finished up...all I can say is that hooking faces is hard!
And I finished up this "Door of my Heart" sample. The little door in the middle opens up..

Thought I'd show you some of my favorite handmade ornaments from local friends...
and some stuff that I've been making. Somehow I got the cold/flu that my boys had and I've had to lay low. Not too bad...because it's been raining and chilly and a good excuse to get cozy with some hot tea and do some stitching. I've been having so much fun playing with the quilt scraps that Syd gave me. Since the old quilt had already been cut into I didn't feel bad about cutting it up some more. I love the old fabrics and colors and they inspired some more of the little houses. Not sure how I will use these yet..maybe a fabric collage of some sort.
Might venture out later today for some shopping for the boys. I hear that our waterfalls are running...we got 7 inches of rain up here on our mountain top! I'll be dodging rocks, boulders and mud most likely...just part of the way of life up here and why 4 wheel drive comes in handy.

4 comments:

jude said...

totally love your houses and your use for quilt scraps. the hooked doll is on my list of favorites too. hope you feel better. i am keeping tabs on something that is waiting to get me, so far so good....

Tara's Art Camp said...

very awesome,,, everything.




p.s. (I hope you got my thank you email)

Sunnie said...

Hi Mary! Love all your ornaments and the fun houses!
Yes, faces are sometimes pretty hard to do but your little doll came out just great! What fun! : )
I'm hookin' on chair pads and have a few other things designed too...too many designs and not enough hours in the day! Hope you're feeling better and have wonderful holidays!

Tammy Burks said...

I love your little scrap houses!
I think I must make some....isn't that what our homes SHOULD be made of?....wonderful bits and pieces of things we love...new and old!
You are always sooooo inspiring!