Saturday, August 04, 2007

Home again!

Jazz concert in Pioneer Park, Calistoga..
Redwoods in the park...

walking through the creek...


Big elm tree.....Calistoga....



We arrived home last night (Friday)...only to find lots of ashes all over everything from the Zaca Fire. So I started to unpack and since we may have to evacuate I packed up again! The fire is close, but not THAT close so it is sort of wait and see. Getting cars packed just in case the wind shifts and it comes this way.

I want to thank everyone who sent me a comment on the Somerset Home issue! I appreciate all you readers and bloggers and fellow artists and all the support that we share with one another....that is the best part of the internet for me...the connection we all share and the inspiration and opportunity to view all the cool things that you all are creating! (And classes you are all teaching..)

Had a great time in Calistoga! Soaked in the hot springs, went to a free jazz concert in the park, lots of yummy meals.."Checkers "is our favorite place in Calistoga...family friendly and my favorite salad of all time...took a hike with both boys to Table Top Overlook in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park...a new destination for us.....browsed bookstores and gift shops....got to visit with my aunt and uncle and cousin on the way up in San Mateo, always fun to see them.


Now I need to see if I can get centered and work on some art that needs doing or....pack more treasures??? If I don't blog for a bit it is because we had to evacuate! I am hoping it won't get to that....

1 comment:

Deb's Artful Journey said...

I hope you dont get evacuated too! Take good care!

Hugs,

Deb