Monday, April 02, 2007

Home again!!!

Leaving Miami...
Katie and Jason..

Ever been hugged by a tree?

Looking up at the stained glass ceiling on the ship..



Our ship off of Costa Maya..




Dinner in the Pacific dining room...





Jamaican photo stop...






Pyramid at Chochoban, Mexico...







Justin at Chochoban...








Jason and macaw...









"Mary St."..on Grand Cayman...had Justin take this...






Coral and beach glass...Grand Cayman











Arrived back home from our cruise and Miami last night. Good to be home again! I"ve posted some of our trip highlights and then will get back into my fiber art mode once again. We had a fun cruise and got to go to 3 different ports and tried to get in as much as possible. We visited the Mayan pyramids of Chochoban, went on an undersea adventure in the Grand Cayman Islands, and took a tour of Jamaica with a sweet lady tour guide who showed us the Fern Gully, Dunn's River Falls, and the homes of Mick Jagger and Whoppie Goldberg. On the cruise ship Justin and I spent the evenings in the Adriatic Lounge listening to Karaoke, some good, some not so good! The hightlight for the boys was the 24 hr. Pizzeria! I had fun trying out all the desserts after dinner.
We all got sunburned and spent time in the on deck salt water pool playing catch and listening to loud music. One night we played miniature golf on deck with a couple of boys we met in the pool. Justin's favorite time was swimming in the warm Jamaican waters...84 degrees..much warmer than our Santa Barbara ocean! I think my favorite was collecting coral, beach glass and shell fragments on Grand Cayman and seeing the shipwrecks on our underwater sea adventure. We also visited a yummy English bakery there and got to play with two giant macaws. And I got to see the wonderful movie "Miss Potter" on the plane ride back from Miami for the second time....see it if you get a chance...if you love Beatrix Potter's art and books as much as I do!

3 comments:

Runner Gurl said...

YOU'RE HOME!! YOU'RE HOME!
*jumping up and down all excited like*
The blog world just isn't the same without you!!
: )
I'm glad you had a good time with your boys.
xoxo
Gail

P.S. I don't know how to stitch a squirrel in a hammock... And I need a lesson on writing WORDS on my stiched bits.... HELP! I need a Mary Stanley embroidery, Part TWO class!!!

Deb's Artful Journey said...

Hi Mary! Welcome home!! I missed your blogging too!! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time... its seems a bit magical!

Debbie L who now has her own blog!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Hi Mary...

OH MY GOSH you were SO MISSED at AF... Poor Syd... we were just PICKIN' on her... she will have to tell you the details.

You trip looks like it was DIVINE!!!!!!

Your sideside treasure are BEAUTIFUL... WELL.. October is coming around the bend slowly but surely and THEN we get to have LOTs and LOTs of FUN!!

xoxoxoxoxox